Ceramic foam material
Ceramic foam is a new type of material made from ceramics that has a low volumetric weight of 0.25-0.65 g/cm3 and a high porosity of 60-90%. Since ceramic foam filter shows excellent resistance to high temperature as well as chemical corrosion, and has a large specific surface area.
Ceramic foam usage
- molten metal filtration
- high-temperature flue gas purification
- chemical filtration and more
Main features of ceramic foam filter
- After using the ceramic filter foam, gas in the molten metal is reduced and the liquid metal flows in a smooth manner. Surface defects of cast metals are decreased and rejection rate is thus greatly reduced.
- The ceramic foam filter guarantees good effects of molding filling and feeding of molten metals. Therefore, it increases the air tightness, elongation, tensile strength and surface smoothness of final casted metals.
- The gating system is simplified as the length of cross gate is decreased. In turn, the casted metal product is of higher quality.
- Processing time and knife wearing is improved, which brings better surface quality.
- Featuring high temperature resistance, chemical stability, thermal shock resistance and flow resistance, the aluminum oxide foam is free from crack and breakage, thereby ensuring the filtration quality and chemical stability of molten metals.
- When there are many impurities in the molten metal, the ceramic foam filter plate can work normally and have no blocking problems, meanwhile, a fast and stable flow rate is provided. That’s why our ceramic foam filter stands out from so many filtration products.
- Endowed with high chemical stability, the molten metal filter is free from the impacts of acid solutions and alkali solutions.
- The ceramic foam filter is suitable for automatic production line thanks to the high size precision.
Specifications of Ceramic Foam Filter
standard sizes : 40×40×15mm, 50×50×15mm, 30×22mm, 40×22mm, 50×22mm, 60×22mm, 90×22mm, 189×130×25mm and 431.8×431.8×50.8mm
We can also produce ceramic foam filters according to customer’s requirements.
Technical parameters of infrared honeycomb ceramic burner plate
|Items||Unit||Aluminum oxide||Silicon carbide||High-temperature zirconia I||High-temperature zirconia II|
|SiC||%||≥60||ZRO2 ≥66||ZRO2 ≥95|
|Max. usage temperature||℃||1500||1600||1700|
|Thermal shock resistance||time/11 ℃||0.9||1.0-1.2||0.8-1.0|
|Application||Cast steel||High melting point alloys||High melting point alloys|
Ceramic filter foam, Molten metal filter, Aluminum oxide foam